HomeArts & CultureTune into spring

Tune into spring

CKDU, Dal’s independent campus radio, is set to host their Spring Fring, with various events planned from Apr. 1 to 9. Events range from a screening of “Only Yesterday,” the award-winning anime film that has never been released in North America until this year to a beer tasting with the Ladies Beer League at Stillwell, accompanied, of course, by live DJs. Each event does have an entrance fee, ranging from $6-12, although if you’re a sustainer of the CKDU, some events are free.

The proceeds from the events and from the sustainers go towards the maintenance of the radio station. “CKDU is your local, non-profit media source – produced for the community, by the community. CKDU 88.1FM is a campus and community radio station operating out of the Dalhousie University campus. The station is mandated as an alternative to both public and commercial radio, making it the place for local music, alternative news, and other unique content you will not find anywhere else in Halifax,” writes CKDU. With shows ranging from “The Most Maple Morning” (Friday mornings, 9 a.m.) to “Native Solidarity News” (Saturday nights, 1:30 a.m.), there is a variety of alternative shows for everyone’s hearing pleasure.

To find out more about becoming a sustainer or about the Spring Fring, go to ckdu.ca. To listen to an awesome station, tune into 88.1 FM