HomeNewsDSU elections schedule posted for 2015-16

DSU elections schedule posted for 2015-16

If you want to make big decisions for the Dalhousie Student Union (DSU) or campaign for your ratified society to receive an annual levy, you’ll want to keep these dates in mind over the winter break!

DSU releases elections schedule

Would you like to be DSU president? All executive positions of the DSU will be elected this March.

As of this news brief being written on Nov. 18, the page on DSU.ca showing elections dates has been up for a few days. It has not been advertised at all through the DSU’s online presence and may only be found if you scroll through the directory at the bottom of their front page. If you’re sure you would have publicized this better, you may possibly get access to the back-end of DSU.ca if you get elected! Here are the dates:

Nominations Open

8 p.m. March 5, 2015

Nominations Close

8 p.m. March 6, 2015

Campaigning Begins

8 a.m. March 11, 2015

Campaigning Ends

8 p.m. March 20, 2015

Voting Opens

12:01 a.m. March 21, 2015

Voting Closes

11:59 p.m. March 24, 2015

Results Released, Elections Party

March 25, 2015

Referendum question schedule announced

After classes resume in January, you’ll have 11 days to forward any referendum, plebiscite or levy proposals to the DSU so your question will show up on elections ballots.

Along with the election schedule, the timeline for which referendum questions may be approved has also been posted to DSU.ca without any publicity.

The deadline for submitting your initial proposal is Jan. 16. For more information, check out DSU.ca/referendumdates.

Jesse Ward
Jesse Ward
Jesse, editor-in-chief of the Gazette, is a fifth-year student of journalism at Dalhousie and the University of King’s College. He started university with three years of experience writing for Teens Now Talk magazine, where he is now copy editor. Before writing a story Jesse likes to think about how his metal detector could finally be useful in researching this one, but there is never a way it could be. Jesse has produced writing and interactive features for Globalnews.ca and The Chronicle Herald. He may be followed on Twitter, @RealJesseWard, or from the Gazette office on Mondays around 8 p.m. to his home in West End Halifax. Email Jesse at editor@dalgazette.com.