HomeNewsI am a god

I am a god

Have nothing to do for Valentine’s Day? This could very well work out in your favour! Here are a few ideas for you and your friends to celebrate yourselves on Feb. 14:

• Treat yourself: buy something new, take that bath you missed out on a couple of weeks back due to those never-ending assignments, or just go out for a stroll around a part of the city you’ve never explored before
  • Next level of treating yourself: splurge and have a relaxing day at the spa
  • Put Netflix down and actually go to the movies. What’s playing now that sounds exciting?  Here are a few you might be interested in: How to be Single, Deadpool and Zoolander 2.  Grab some popcorn and have a great laugh alone or with a few friends
  • Host a Valentine’s party with your other single friends. Make some punch, play some games and put all phones in a bowl by the door. Whoever goes to check theirs first has to buy a round, buy a pizza or some other suitable punishment
  • Get away from the city! Plan a trip to somewhere you have never been before and always wanted to go. Even if the trip isn’t affordable right now, the plans will be in place for when you are actually ready to go.
  • Have friends over indulge in a foodie night! Make all the recipes you have been dying to bake, or even have a cooking competition.
  • If you are close to your family, go have a family night with them. If you are far away from home have a Skype date with your family and/or friends.
  • Volunteer- get out there and be surrounded by people who are also interested in helping out and making a difference
  • Treat yourself to some Netflix and popcorn – because let’s be honest that’s everyone’s backup plan. Binge watch a TV show you always wanted to watch or watch an old favourite again from the beginning to end.

It can be easy to get caught up in the same old ‘forever alone’ routine on Valentine’s Day, but take the chance throw that out the window once and for all, and enjoy the single life with lots of fun and friends instead!