HomeSportsCross-CountryDal Tigers out-of-town scores for Oct. 2 – Oct. 8, 2015

Dal Tigers out-of-town scores for Oct. 2 – Oct. 8, 2015

Cross-Country: The Dalhousie Tigers cross-country team was in Antigonish, NS on Saturday, Sept. 26 to compete in the STFX Invitational.

The Tigers women’s team won the event with a team score of 24. Competing in the 6KM race nine Tigers runners were able to finish in the top-20, Jenna MacDonald 1st (23:12), Kate Scallion 2nd (23:28), Morgan Hawkes 6th (23:52), Hannah Ascough 7th (23:54), Melanie McKenna 8th (23:59), Abby Llewellyn 9th (23:59), Michaela Walker 16th (24:28), Sara Lausch 18th (24.36) and Kristen Callaghan 19th (24:44). Other Tigers runners were Vanessa Linton 27th (25:22) and Emma Gillam 32nd (26:04). *Only the top seven Tigers runners scores counted towards the team score.

The Tigers men’s team was not eligible to place in the team event as they had only 4 runners competing in the 8KM race. The Tigers who did compete did well, as all four placed in the top 25. Angus McIntosh placed 10th (27:54) and was the first runner to cross the line who represented a school other than STFX. Colin Long 11th (28:14), Callum Drever 16th (28:36) and Michael Rogers 24th (29:23) were the other Tigers in the field. * The X-men had the first nine finishers and 11 of the top-20.

Next up for the Tigers cross-country team is the AUS-RESQ Interlock event on Saturday Oct. 3 at the University of Laval.

Football: The Dalhousie Tigers football club fell 37-31 to the University of New Brunswick (Fredericton) Red Bombers on Saturday Sept. 26 at BMO Field in Fredericton NB. The loss drops the Tigers to 0-2 on the season.

*Stats for the game were unavailable at the time of writing.

Next up for the Tigers football club will be the Pinktoberfest home game at Wickwire Field on Saturday Oct. 3 against the University of New Brunswick (Saint John) Sea-Wolves.

Men’s Hockey: The Dalhousie Tigers men’s hockey team lost a preseason game 5-2 against the St Thomas University Tommies in Springfield, NS on Friday, Sept. 25.

The Tigers also fell to the University of New Brunswick Varsity Reds 6-2 in Truro, NS on Saturday Sept. 26. The loss dropped the Tigers to 0-3 in the preseason.

Next up for the Tigers men’s hockey team is more preseason action against the University of Massachusetts-Amherst Minutemen in Amherst, MA on Saturday Oct. 3. They will finish up the preseason against the Sacred Heart University Pioneers in Fairfield, CT on Sunday, Oct. 4.