HomeSportsHockeyMen’s Hockey Tigers Lose to StFx in Overtime

Men’s Hockey Tigers Lose to StFx in Overtime

The Dalhousie Tigers Men’s Hockey team lost 5-4 in overtime to the StFX X-Men on Friday, Oct. 23 in the Keating Centre in Antigonish.

StFx got off to an early lead when X-Men forward Blake Gal scored at 1:58 into first period. Nathan Chiarlitti got the assist.

Dalhousie tied the game at the 10:06 mark in the period when Tigers’ forward Jackson Playfair scored his first AUS goal. Alex Cote got the assist.

StFX regained the lead three minutes later on the powerplay to make the score 2-1. Eric Locke scored while Steven Kuhn and Blake Gal got the assists.

The Tigers’ answered back with a powerplay goal of their own with just less than two minutes left to play in the period. Tigers forward Tanner Williams scored while Felix Page and Phil Gadoury got the assists.

StFx regained the lead again at 01:43 into the second period. Holden Cook scored for StFx while Nathan Pancel got the assist.

The X-Men were finally able to gain a two goal lead when Steve Kuhn scored to make the score 4-2. Kristoff Kontos and Eric Locke got the assists on Kuhn’s goal.

The Tigers did not quit. At 9:41 into the third period JP Harvey scored to make the score 4-3.  Fabian Walsh and his brother Daniel Walsh got the assists.

Then at the 15:15 mark of the period, Tanner Williams scored his second goal of the game to tie the game at 4-4. Felix Page and Luke Madill got the assist on William’s second goal.

The Tigers, for the second straight game, had to go into overtime. However, 03:08 into overtime, X-Men forward Kristoff Kontos scored to win the game for StFx. Bronson Maschmeyer and Eric Locke got the assists on the overtime goal.

Even though the game went into overtime, neither team was able to generate a lot of shots. Tigers goaltender Corbin Boes made fourteen saves on nineteen shots. X-Men goaltender Drew Owsley made nine saves on thirteen shots.

Both teams scored a powerplay goal in this game. Dalhousie went 1 for 5 while StFX went 1 for 6 on the man advantage.

The game makes the Tigers’ record (1-4-1). The Tigers have two home games this weekend. They host Moncton on Friday, Oct. 30, and St. Thomas on Saturday, Oct. 31.