HomeSportsCross-CountryOut-of-Town Action

Out-of-Town Action

Cross Country

The Dalhousie Tigers cross country team was in Guelph, ON for the Vic Mathews Invitational on Sept . 19.

In the men’s 10KM, Tigers runner Matt McNeil lead the pack for a 1st place finish (31:52.7).

The other Tigers runners in the field were Will Russell 24th (33:25.7), Jake Wing 30th (33:32.7), Graham Wach 42nd (34:06.2), Brendan Gemmell 44th (34:13.2) and Nick Wood 61st (35:29.2).

In the women’s 6KM, three Tigers found themselves in the top ten.

Colleen Wilson was the top Tiger running to a 5th place finish (21:59.6), Ellen Chapel placed 8th (22:29.6) and Michelle Reddy placed 10th (22:33.9). Also representing the Tigers in the field were Kayte Kowal 25th (23:19.3), Emily Clarke 26th (23:24.8) and Emily Ferguson 42nd (24:18.9).

Next up for the cross country team is Saturday, Sept. 26 at the STFX Invitational.

Men’s Soccer

The Dalhousie Tigers men’s soccer squad travelled to BMO Field in Fredericton, NB on Saturday, Sept. 19 falling 3-0 to the UNB Varsity Reds.

The loss dropped their record to 1-2 on the season.

UNB took a 1-0 lead into the half on a strike from Oliver Jones in the 30th minute.

Jones put UNB up 2-0 in the 85th minute and Robbie Park made it 3-0 moments later on a penalty kick.

Zach Mbolekwa was the Player of the Game for the Tigers.

Jason Ross made nine saves for the Tigers.

The Tigers managed five shots and won eight corners.

Men’s Soccer

The Dalhousie Tigers men’s soccer squad won 5-0 over the Université de Moncton Aigles Bleu in Moncton, NB on Sunday Sept. 20.

The win evened the Tigers’ record at 2-2.

First team AUS all-star Bezick Evraire led the squad with a hat-trick scoring goals in the 26th, 55th and 66th minutes.

Second team AUS all-star Johnny Doucett scored in the 60th minute.

Freddy Bekkers picked up his first goal of the year in the 63rd minute.

Keeper Jason Ross only had to make one save for the clean sheet.

Women’s Soccer

The Dalhousie Tigers women’s soccer squad battled the UNB Varsity Reds to a 0-0 draw at BMO Field in Fredericton, NB on Saturday Sept. 19.

The draw left the Tigers with a 0-2-1 record on the season.

The closest the Tigers came to scoring was when Madison Frechette sent a shot just wide of goal in the 84th minute.

The Player of the Game for the Tigers was Amanda Bowles.

Keeper Katie Morgan made three saves for the clean sheet.

The Tigers had two shots and won four corners in the game.

Women’s Soccer

The Dalhousie women’s soccer Tigers picked up their first win of the year over the Université de Moncton Aigles Bleu 4-0 in Moncton on Sunday, Sept. 20.

The win brought the Tigers record to 1-2-1 on the season.

First team AUS all-star Kristie McGregor-Bales put the Tigers up 1-0 with her first of the season in the 24th minute and picked up another in the 80th.

Scarlett Smith made it 2-0 with her first tally of the campaign in the 29th minute.

First team AUS all-star Victoria Parkinson made it 3-0 for the Tigers in the 35th minute. The goal was also her first marker of 2015.

Keeper Katie Morgan did not have to make a save picking up her second clean sheet in as many days.

The Tigers worked an outstanding 20 shots while allowing zero and won six corners in the match.

Next up for Tigers Soccer…

The Tigers face their cross-town rivals, the St Mary’s Huskies, at Huskies Stadium on Friday, Sept. 25.

The Tigers will then be back at Wickwire to host the Memorial University Sea-Hawks on Saturday Sept. 26.