HomeSportsHockeyOut-of-town Men's Hockey recaps for the week ending Oct. 9, 2015

Out-of-town Men’s Hockey recaps for the week ending Oct. 9, 2015

Dalhousie loses to Massachusetts Minutemen, 4-0

The Dalhousie Tiger’s men’s hockey team lost 4-0 to the University of Massachusetts Minutemen in an exhibition game on Saturday October 3rd at the Mullins center in Amherst Massachusetts.

This is the first out of two exhibition games the Tigers played in the United States this weekend.

Massachusetts scored the first goal 8:29 into the game. First year forward Austin Pelvy fired the puck behind Dalhousie goaltender Corbin Boes from inside the left face-off circle to make the score 1-0.

In the second period Massachusetts forward’s Steven Iacobellis and Keith Burchett scored to give Massachusetts a 3-0 lead.

Things did not get any better in the third period for the Tigers as Minutemen first year forward Ryan Badger scored to finish off the game at a score of 4-0.

Goaltender Corbin Boes for Dalhousie stopped twenty out of twenty four shots he faced. Massachusetts used three goaltenders Nic Renyard, Henry Dill, and Alex Wakaluck in the game. They played one goaltender per period. They stopped all thirty-three of Dalhousie’s shots.

Dalhousie beats Sacred Heart University 5-3

The Dalhousie Tiger’s men’s ice hockey team won 5-3 during an exhibition game on Sunday October 4th against Sacred Heart University in Milford Connecticut.

This is the Tiger’s second and last exhibition game in the United States this pre-season. They left the States on a high note as they won 5-3. It is the Tiger’s first win this pre-season.

The win came at good timing because it was the Tiger’s last pre-season game. They start the regular season against Saint Mary’s on Saturday October 10th at the Halifax Forum at 7 p.m.