HomeSportsHockeyWomen’s Hockey recaps for the week ending Oct. 9, 2015

Women’s Hockey recaps for the week ending Oct. 9, 2015

Tigers lose 4-2 to StFX

The Dalhousie Tigers women’s ice hockey team lost 4-2 against the StFX X-Women during their second pre-season game of the year on Saturday, Oct. 3 at the Keating Center in Antigonish Nova Scotia.

At 7:03 into the first period Dalhousie forward Jessica Rietveld scored the first goal of the game and her second goal in the pre-season to give the Tigers a 1-0 lead.

A minute later StfX forward Sarah Bujold tied the game for the X-Women on the power-play.

With five minutes left in the first period, St.FX defender Nicole Halladay scored to give the X-Women a 2-1 lead going into the second period.

St.FX kept on coming. Forwards Daley Oddy and Catherine Civitarese scored to give the X-Women a 4-1 lead.

Late in the second period Rietveld scored her second goal of the game to cut St.FX’s lead to 4-2.

Neither team scored in the third period and StFX won the game by a score of 4-2.

St. Mary’s beats Dalhousie 6-2

The Dalhousie Tigers Women’s Hockey team lost their second game in a row, losing 6-2 to The Saint Mary’s Huskies in a pre-season game on Sunday October 4th at the Halifax Forum.

St. Mary’s started off great. Huskies Moria MacDonald, Nicole Blanche, and Brianna Soper scored to give the Saint Mary’s a 3-0 lead.

St. Mary’s kept on rolling in the second period when Caitlyn Manning scored forty five seconds into the period to give the Huskies a 4-0 lead.

The Tigers did not give up. Joleen MacInnis scored on the power play at 12:28 to make the score 4-1. Marita Alferi and Lisa Maclean got the assists.

Six minutes later the Tigers scored another power play goal again to cut the Huskies lead to 4-2. Marita Alfieri scored while Sarah Robichaud got the assist.

Thirty-seven seconds later Huskie Caitlym Schell scored a shorthanded goal to make the game 5-2.

In the third period Caitlyn Schell scored again for Saint Mary’s making the game 6-2. Which was the final score.

This was the Tigers’ final pre-season game. The start the regular season on Saturday October 17th at St. Thomas University. Their first home game is not until Wednesday, Oct. 28 against St. Mary’s at 7:00 p.m. at the Halifax Forum.