HomeNewsMeet your DSU elections candidates for 2015/16

Meet your DSU elections candidates for 2015/16

While the campaign season doesn’t begin until Thursday, we can still take a look at the names of the people running in this month’s Dalhousie Student Union elections.

The below list was shared with the Gazette by Dylan Ryan, Chief Returning Officer of the elections committee, on March 9.

The list differs from a list we previously published that was sent to us on March 7, due to new nomination forms being discovered on the incorrect desk yesterday, according to the elections committee, and disqualifications of some students who were absent from yesterday’s mandatory meeting for all candidates without giving notice.

While there are more candidates in total this year than any previous election in over a decade, this is also the first time since 2003 that two executive positions have had just one nominee.

President

Daniel Nicholson

Jennifer Nowoselski

VP (Internal)

Kaitlynne Lowe

VP (Finance and Operations)

Mahbubur Rahman

VP (Academic and External)

Cody Couture

Drina Therrien

John Hutton

VP (Student Life)

Ali Bee Calladine

Hani Salem

Kathleen Reid

Board of Governors Representative

Anthony Sailkali

Yazan Matarieh

Senate Representatives (3)

Ademofe Oye-Adeniran

Ahmet Emre Harsa

Jad Sinno

Jeremy Banks

Kevin Hong

Liam Hunt

Maike VanNiekerk

Michael Davies-Cole

Ria Guidone

Scott Rairdan

Sarah Dobson​

Jesse Ward
Jesse Ward
Jesse, editor-in-chief of the Gazette, is a fifth-year student of journalism at Dalhousie and the University of King’s College. He started university with three years of experience writing for Teens Now Talk magazine, where he is now copy editor. Before writing a story Jesse likes to think about how his metal detector could finally be useful in researching this one, but there is never a way it could be. Jesse has produced writing and interactive features for Globalnews.ca and The Chronicle Herald. He may be followed on Twitter, @RealJesseWard, or from the Gazette office on Mondays around 8 p.m. to his home in West End Halifax. Email Jesse at editor@dalgazette.com.