HomeSportsSoccerDal remains in second after win

Dal remains in second after win

Women’s soccer takes three points from Memorial

Women's soccer, Oct 21. Photo by Rob Grandy

Dalhousie took to Wickwire Oct. 23, knowing the importance of what was sure to be an easy win against Memorial for playoff positioning. With UPEI reaching the 30 point mark that afternoon and Saint Mary’s already at 25, a win for the Tigers would keep them tied with SMU for second place in the league.

Dal was able to keep up with their cross-town rivals, taking a 2 – 0 victory against Memorial. Both goals came in the second half, one from Joanna Blodgett and another from Rieka Santilli. Pamela Krieg assisted on Santilli’s tally.

The Tigers look to pull ahead of Saint Mary’s on Wednesday, Oct. 26 at Huskies Stadium in a rematch of their Oct. 21 draw.

Next weekend marks the end of the AUS regular season, with Dal slated to face a winless Acadia squad in their last game of the season. The Huskies will play Cape Breton and St. FX, two difficult teams to take points from.

For an extended recap of the game, check the Oct. 28 edition of the Dalhousie Gazette.

Andrew Johnson, Staff Contributor
Andrew Johnson, Staff Contributor
Hailing from Saint John, Andrew followed his frosh leader to a Gazette contributor's meeting in his first week at Dalhousie and didn't look back. He took on the women's soccer beat, attending games at Wickwire no matter the weather and watching the webcast whenever the Tigers were on a different pitch. He does not claim any responsibility for the Tigers winning the league championship during his first season covering the team.