HomeUncategorizedTigers dump Tommies in season opener

Tigers dump Tommies in season opener

Men’s hockey holds St. Thomas to a single goal

Dalhousie Tigers Hockey
Photo by Martina Marien, from a game last season.

Dalhousie forwards Benjamin Breault and Jordan Villeneuve-Gagne each had a goal as the Tigers men’s hockey team opened the season with a 2 – 1 victory Friday, Oct. 14 at Memorial Arena. St.Thomas’s starting goalie Charles Lavinge made 38 saves in the loss.

This was the Tigers’ first game in nearly two weeks, which may have resulted in the slow start. Tommies forward Felix Poulin opened the scoring just 27 seconds in, but that was all the Tommies would have to show for themselves offensively for the rest of the game.

Breault tied the game after a weak shot slipped through Lavigne’s pads 13 minutes into the opening frame. Villeneuve-Gagne’s eventual winner came 3:08into the third period.

For an extended recap of the game, check the Oct. 21 edition of the Dalhousie Gazette. 

Arfa Ayub, Staff Contributor
Arfa Ayub, Staff Contributor
Originally from Lahore, Pakistan, Arfa moved to Canada at the age of nine. She spent a year in Toronto before moving to Halifax. In the East Coast, not sure how (must be a Canadian thing!), but she began to watch and love hockey. Arfa started writing for the Gazette in her last year of high school as part of a cooperative education internship. Once she graduated, she came to Dal to study Political Science. Aside from continuing to write for the paper, Arfa completed an internship with Global Maritimes.