HomeSportsHockeyObituary: 2012-13 Dalhousie women's hockey

Obituary: 2012-13 Dalhousie women’s hockey

Dalhousie's women's hockey team met with the university president on Jan. 14. (Richard Lafortune photo)

2012-13 Dalhousie women’s hockey

Oct. 13, 2012 – Jan. 3, 2013

It is with great sadness that after weeks of arguing with university administration, we can now lay to rest our dear friend, the Dalhousie women’s hockey 2012-13 season.

The season passed away unexpectedly January 3, 2013, joined at its side by the 22 players that made up the squad.

This year was a remarkable journey. Left to fend for itself without a home rink, Dal’s women’s hockey 2012-13 season overcame adversity. The team played inspired hockey and was proud to wear the black and gold.

Despite the unfortunate suspension of its season, the team has always and will always be an outstanding representative of its university.

Left to cherish its memory are the team members and coaching staff that stayed devoted until the very end, and the school’s 13 other varsity teams.

A memorial service will be held Jan. 26 at Dal Memorial Arena at 2 p.m. Oh, my apologies. I forgot the university stole that from the team too. Instead, we’ll have the service in Truro. No!? You’re saying that new rink isn’t ready yet? Jeepers. Fine, how about like two hours away in New Glasgow? That works, you say? Okay. I guess we don’t have another choice anyways.

In lieu of flowers, please attend a Dal Tigers sporting event this season.