Sunday, September 1, 2024
HomeArts & CultureThe New Burger on the Block

The New Burger on the Block

Krave Burger opens on Spring Garden Road

gazette_logo

Krave Burger is the newest addition to the Spring Garden stretch of restaurants and pubs. It opened last month where Onyx once stood and is serving up classic-style burgers with interesting toppings.

The 60-seat restaurant is ultra- modern with red, white and black decor. Signs in the restaurant read, “Live Local. Eat Local. Love Local.” Propeller Brewery makes Krave’s exclusive lager, served on tap ($5.49/glass) and the patties are made with locally sourced beef. They love local.

The Smoking Goat ($8.99) is one of the burgers on the menu. With peppercorn goat cheese and local smoked bacon, you can’t lose.

The beef patty is the perfect thickness. It’s just thick enough to be juicy and meaty, but thin enough to lay flat on the bun to allow even topping distribution.

Krave Burger lets you to add a variety of complimentary toppings to their burgers, an awesome feature for those of us who hate relish but love basil mayo.

The french fries are hot and crispy. You can choose to have the ‘Best of Both’ and eat half fries and half onion rings for a few extra bucks ($3.99).

The Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese ($8.99) screams to be eaten with its creamy cheese sauce and side of coleslaw. Sadly, there wasn’t enough pulled pork in the dish — the saving grace was the fresh coleslaw.

Eating alone isn’t lonely at Krave. There are seats for people who want to access Wi-Fi, watch TV or plug in their phones to charge. There are even USB plugs along the walls for those who always need to be wired.

Overall, Krave Burger is good: the burgers and fries are tasty. The mac and cheese is average, but don’t let that stop you. With combos costing just over $10 the proof is in the patty.